RHP could not operate without its volunteers, and this page celebrates just a sliver of work that our volunteers have accomplished. For a more complete account, please follow us on Facebook.
Winter Barn Project
Richfield Heritage Preserve volunteers collaborated with Burns & McDonnell employees, Jeff Deluca, and RJRD Maintenance Tech Chris Moore to paint the exterior of the Winter Barn.
Hoban High School Students Work to Beautify RHP
Each summer, Hoban High School runs Justice Akron Ministries (JAM), a summer service retreat program for students. They connect students to various agencies in the Akron or greater Akron area. JAM participants volunteer with the agency as part of their 20-30 hours of service as part of their requirement for graduation.
- RHP park hosted 5 sophomores and 1 senior plus 2 parent volunteers for two 6 hour days. In that time they:
- Painted the Broadview Road entrance gate.
- Dug out grass near the Park Office, spread mulch, and filled in ruts in the lawn near the Broadview Road entrance.
- Assisted RJRD Maintenance Tech Chris Moore by digging and installing posts on the main road to Amity and near the Lodge.
- Removed stone and black fabric from the bridle trail near the power lines.